Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Depression and spirituality

I remember being a teenager and going through the serious illness and finally  the death of my father. After he died, it seems as though all of the happiness in the world died as well. I remember feeling very disconnected from everything.

Then  in my twenties, there were a number of deaths in my family  and again I felt those same depressive feelings. This seemed to be a repetitive pattern over and over again throughout my life . At some point, I figured out that   meditating, praying, practicing yoga,talking to good friends  and/ or sitting quietly under a tree would help the feelings of peace and hopefulness to return.
 So I am wondering if one of the best kept secrets in healing from depression is remembering  that we are spiritual beings. Have a great day.

No comments: