Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

yoga classes, flexibility and icy driveways

Due to the accumulation of ice and snow recently, our driveway has been a  sheet of ice. Getting older, there are  definitely more fears about slipping and sliding on it. Currently, taking down the garbage is one of those monumental tasks. I realize that I need to continue to be flexible and strong  as I age.  So I am always on the look out for ways to exercise in the winter. I have tried many different yoga classes and most leave me with serious neck pain . I have to admit I am competitive and  I wish to do the postures better than the person next to me. Also, many classes are in themselves very competitive and  strenuous.


Recently,  I found a  yoga dvd that I find to be very helpful, Yoga for Stress Relief (With The Dalai Lama). The format is well organized and it includes   several  different workouts ,ie.  for beginning and ending your day, increasing back mobility,  and decreasing insomnia. I have been using the exercises daily for the past 10 days and I have found them  to be enjoyable and helpful. Plus, the DVD is shot in Antigua on a gorgeous white sands  beach  and I  imagine what it would be like to be in all of that beauty right about now ....

No comments: