Search This Blog

Monday, December 3, 2012

Choosing a healer that is right for you.

horse play
How do we heal? I have been thinking about this  for the past few weeks. Since I  am an early baby boomer, I have witnessed incredible shifting in the healing techniques that are available to everyone. In the seventies, I believe that we began a revolution to take back our  physical and mental health. Especially in Northern California, there were so many classes and workshops about alternative or holistic healing. I loved taking these classes and learned so much. Of course, when I came back east to visit family, most people did not know what I was talking about. ie body work was working on a car, tofu and sprouts were an alien food group etc. Now that  there is so much available and such  incredible healing going on. It is hard to know where to go or what to do.
How do you choose someone to work with when you do not know them?
These are the things that I suggest to folks.
Was there serendipity involved in the referral? ie Did you get the same person's name a couple of times from different sources?
Did you google a a practitioner and instantly feel that you wanted to be in their healing space?
Did you have a dream or premonition that you would work with someone in the future?
These are some of the ways that you know that you are with the right person. Picking a healer is a highly intuitive process grounded in the reality of finances, geographical distance, availability and personality. The right healer is waiting for you....


No comments: