Search This Blog

Friday, June 10, 2011

weather events and spiritual practice

sea scape
It has been awhile since I have written. There is so much going on in my head and in my live. It does take a while to sort things out. Sometimes, I am just  not ready to talk about what I am thinking about   for fear that it will not be understand clearly  . When I write these posts, it is definitely a combination of courage, timing, a good idea, and having the opportunity to actually write it.  I have received such lovely feedback about my posts, that I am less intimidated about my posting my deeper thoughts. Thank you readers, friends that I know  and those that I may know some day.

As some of you may know, I practice a unique form of healing where I combine psychotherapy and energy healing . It is always my intent to help people to integrate their spiritual  lives with their everyday activities. During a couple's session last night, there was a severe thunder storm happening. The sky became very very dark, the rain railed against the barn and the trees were blowing strongly. At one point, we all heard a crack . Then there was silence. At that point, I specifically asked spirit to help to guide the tree down so that it fell away from the barn where my husband and I practice. About three minutes later, there was the sound of a falling tree. A huge tree branch fell down just to the right of the barn. It would have done significant damage had it fallen on the barn. I believe that with the help of spiritual helpers, I was able to assist in the tree falling safely. As long as we believe that we can make a difference, I believe that we can really make a significant difference. There are certainly enough  significant weather events to practice this idea!!

1 comment:

Ligie said...

It's a gorgeous theory, Audrey, and one I know I have been conflicted about with respect to my personal/spiritual influence on weather, life/death moments, accidents, meetings, and a host of other things. My mother would insist we have no influence, but contradict that we do - in the form of prayer. I dare say I am not certain there is a difference! Meditation, prayer, wishing, hoping, etc - isn't it all centered around the same idea? After all this time, I am inclined to believe that we certainly can make a difference in such things. I'm not certain how, but too many instances have been presented to me to possibly believe otherwise. Thank you for your courage in speaking your mind about this. I know a lot of people might feel threatened by open thinking like this, but these kinds of dialogue are needed to suss out this world we live in and help all others.