Search This Blog

Monday, February 2, 2015

Layering to Happiness

I have been thinking quite a bit about the caretaker v. nurturer post.
frog business
It stirs up a lot of questions for me. How do I determine when enough is enough or I like taking care of others or I like things the way they are. Or I don't know....

One of the easiest three word statements to make is "I don't know".  Perhaps, it is a cop out that protects us from looking for our personal truth or we  simply don't want to take the time.  Or perhaps it means I don't know if I want to tell you.

So, let's imagine that there really are people that would love to know our truth.  Or let's even imagine that we want to know our own truth.  

A good way to start discerning our truth is by acknowledging our own gifts. I have a sneaky feeling that if we saw how amazing we were, then the I don't knows  would disappear.

I am an amazing  artist, healer, baker, musician, writer, ....................
I am so grateful that I am an amazing daughter, mother,  grandmother, friend, partner.............
The talented  artist in me is able to see the talented artist in you.
The  amazing mother in me is able to see the amazing mother in you.
And so on and so on.......

No comments: