Search This Blog

Friday, June 28, 2013

Gloucester vacation

Gloucester, Ma
I just returned from a wonderful vacation in Mass.  I really like living in NJ most of the time. I have been offered many opportunities for a good life. When I moved East from California about 32 years ago, I was not nearly as gracious about the state. I felt that it was really hard to meet new people and that it took years to make friends.

I also found that California was about 10-20 years ahead in many of its ideas and practices. I have had to be very patient with all of the infinitesimal shifts that needed to happen in the East. Now I can easily find an acupuncturist, massage therapist, decent health food stores and  now even the Shoprite is offering decent organic produce.
What I have never found is a slower pace of life and daily friendliness. In addition,  I have not found a welcoming community of artists or of healers. During vacation, we went to two art shows in Rocky Neck and they were wonderful. There  appears to be a thriving artist and healing community up there.

I am not sure why it is so hard to find it here. I do miss it though.
Post a Comment