Ways that I remember to do this are:
1. Use a card deck called Medicine Cards by David Carson and Jamie Sams. These are beautifully illustrated cards with an accompanying book that describes the symbolic meaning of the animals. Pick one a day.
2. Have photographs and paintings of special animals in my home and office.
3. Put up bird feeders and actually watch the birds that feed.
4. I have a loon clock that plays this distinctive bird call every hour.
5. Take a walk daily and notice the animals and birds that cross your path.
Medicine Cards by David Carson and Jamie Sams