Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

afghans and the family legacy

beautiful white afghan
The beautiful white afghan that my sister Rob made for me arrived in the mail this morning. It is so beautiful, well made, warm and cozy. I could not wait to take a nap this afternoon. It was fabulous. My sister  is very creative and is able to do all kinds of needle work. She  has  a great gift. Last winter, I envisioned a white afghan to keep me warm  in my meditation space and now I have it.
Our mother's family is from Hungary and they bring alot of artistry into our family. Our grandmother was the youngest of nine children and all of the aunts and uncles had art in their veins. The men were jewelers and photographers. The women did needle work including but not limited to making  afghans, crocheting, needlepoint, knitting , beadwork  and embroidering.
The proceeding  generations picked up drawing,  painting, playing piano, needlework , ceramics ,and  photography . It is an awesome family legacy. Mostly, I am so grateful that my sister has created  this beautiful afghan for me.
Thank you Rob.

No comments: