Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Changes and New Beginnings, part 2

Spring

While I was in England,  I thought about how I would shift things once I returned to NJ. I flew back to NJ last  Tuesday and began working again on Wednesday. I have  once again decided to change  my psychotherapy practice by offering two hour sessions when needed instead of the regular weekly meetings. After 30 years of being a psychotherapist,  I have  noticed  that  deeper healing work is more effective when you meet for a longer time and less often.

  Have you noticed in a 50 min. session that you just begin to get to the real issues and it is time to stop? By the time, that you meet again, the urgency is often  gone and normally we  do not return to the same issue. When we work for longer periods the work is deeper and the change is more profound.
We are a culture that wants to do things quickly and get it over with. In healing work, this is not very helpful. In a time of energy and resource conservation, the added bonus is that it saves on travel time and gas expense. And I have to admit that I like changing things around so that I am always developing new neural pathways........

No comments: