Search This Blog

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Mindful Meditation group

Sedona sunset
Today  was the second session of the meditation class that I am giving at the assisted living facility where my Uncle Harry is living.  I have offered to do this group as a way of giving back to the organization that has greatly improved my Uncle's  quality of  life.  I am very grateful to this organization.  When I teach, , I am usually  learning  a great deal  as well .  Yes, we are reviewing mindfulness practices including deep breathing, visualizations, self hypnosis and meditation.

And they are teaching me about patience and perspective . Today, t he participants talked about the  patience involved in  living in a place that they do not want to be. The patience involved in living in a group residence when they have no experience with communal living.  Also,  the patience involved in tolerating people that think and act differently than they do.
I have volunteered to teach 8 sessions of meditation. I have a feeling that we will be talking about many other topics as well. I look forward to learning what they have to teach me.

1 comment:

Nancy M said...

I admire how you teach in such a variety of settings and are always offering what you have learned to others. You are a true example of walking the walk....