Search This Blog

Monday, May 20, 2013

Divine Timing

Butterfly tee
I  am in the process of creating a new venture of hand painted clothing. I love painting and it is wonderful to see the art on people. It is as if a beautiful part of me gets worn by someone else. A couple of days ago a friend asked me to paint butterflies on a t shirt for her.
She had not been able to find a t shirt with butterflies  that she liked. So I went on a quest to find a cute shirt which took me to Forever 21 in the Bridgewater Mall. I try to shop  only when necessary although I do love the hunt for a good bargain.


I wanted a 100% cotton fitted women's shirt for a reasonable price. It had to be mostly  cotton so that the  fabric paints would work. While in the store, I looked around and did not see much.
I asked one of the sales associates to help and she showed me several tees  which did not suit me. Then she said I have one that is not unpacked yet. She went to the bottom of the jeans shorts' carton and pulled out the perfect shirt. I bought two of them and painted them with butterflies.One of the shirts is pictured in the blog.

Then I went back to the store and asked for a couple more shirts. A different sales associate was there and she could not find this shirt anywhere. I told her my story  and she said that it was probably still in the box.So I told her where the box was. She was willing and  found the remaining white  tshirts right where I said they would be. I bought six of them and I can't wait to paint them.

No comments: