Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

back pain and chakras

rainbow horse
In the past couple of days, I have been dealing with back pain that has kept me moving at a much slower pace. I cannot sit for very long without having significant pain when I stand up. I am aware that low back pain often has to do with lack of grounding and trust in one's own ability to take care of one's own physical needs.
As humans, we tend to fall into two camps. Some  of us are more comfortable with spiritual and mental pursuits and some of us are more comfortable with being physically and emotionally  in our bodies.
I am more comfortable in the first camp and when I push  to be more physical, I often go into back discomfort. It is time for us  to push through the discomfort, since it is important to be balanced in our body so that we can cope more effectively with today's challenges. One way to do this is to be aware of the Chakras or energy centers in our body.  There are seven centers physically located starting at the bottom of the spine and ending on top of your head. There is a wonderful website that will give you more information about the chakras.(chakra test)
By clicking on the website, you will also be able to take a five minute test to determine how effectively your chakras are working for you. 

9 comments:

citygirl said...

Thanks, Audrey, for bringing this to everyone's attention-the fact of helping to heal through awareness and utilization of chakra
energy. I speak for myself when I write that I suffered low back pain for many years when my youngest child threw himself into my lap before I had a chance to brace myself and literally felt my back fold in half. Years of self-care and chiropractic treaments helped a bit but it was not until I learned Reiki and self-treated that my lower back problems really were on the mend. And certainly understanding the personal issues attached to specific chakras continues to be instrumental in staying as healthy as possible.

Boud said...

Can you take another look at your link, please? it's not working right now.

Boud said...

I found a site which I think is the one you were referring to, and took the test. However, scoring it is not possible, unless perhaps you can explain: if you check "both" does that count as a yes? or as two yeses, maybe? interesting, and I'd like to know more, but the site doesn't help as much as you did.

Love Makes a Family, LLC said...

Hi Boud
Thanks for letting me know about the incorrect link. Please try it again.It should be much easier now.

Love Makes a Family, LLC said...

Hi city girl
I also appreciate your comments. I am able to heal others sometimes more than I can heal myself. I am working on that. It is time to heal myself.

Boud said...

Ah, thank you, that was a much better site than the one I had found. Very interesting ideas there.

Love Makes a Family, LLC said...

Great. Glad that you persevered Liz.

Unknown said...

These are very good thoughts, Audrey! This chakra test is interesting. Chakras, when not aligned or balanced, may have a bad impact on our physical, emotional, and mental health, leading us to experience anxiety. The same thing goes with back pain. If our spine is not properly aligned, then we feel less stable and less comfortable in all the activities that we do. There are so many ways to get rid of all the pain and stress in our life. We just need to be open and enthusiastic to feel better.

Tiffani Villagomez

Unknown said...

I believe that a combination of physical, mental, and even spiritual measures should be taken. Yoga is a therapy that falls under this category, but it might be too much work for some. Hence, inversion therapy is a more feasible option. It is a mechanical procedure, but it doesn’t require you to do strenuous work because gravity does all the work. When done properly, this is one of the most relaxing and effective back pain treatment modes that you can use.

Shaunna Schumacher