Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Turtle healing energy

turtle light
 
Roxie,  our 11 year old Golden Retriever, found a rock in our grassy backyard yesterday.  She had it in her mouth but I couldn’t understand why she had picked up a rock!  Upon closer inspection, it turned out to be an Eastern Box turtle. This is the first turtle that we have actually found on our property in over thirty years;  it was very exciting.  This beautiful turtle was about 4-5 inches long and had both beautiful yellow colored patterns and brown geometric “etchings” on its shell.  The Box turtle has the unusual ability to lock up tight when it is in protection mode. I think that is why it looked like a rock to Roxie.
The turtle symbolizes very powerful healing energy. According to David Carson’s and Jamie Sam’s in their card and book set titled  Medicine Cards, when a turtle enters your life, it is a time to remember to ground yourself and not "push the river".  Or another way of saying it is "all things in their time".  I must confess I have been trying to make changes too quickly in my healing practice and now I think the turtle is nudging me to settle down.  Yesterday afternoon, my husband, Nat, did a series of photographs with our turtle and we settled down to watch her stick her head out of the shell and scurry away into the tall grasses.  

No comments: