Search This Blog

Saturday, September 1, 2012

turtle face


I received wonderful feed back about my recent blog post  about the turtle. Many folks seem to resonate with the idea of  moderating their energy and moving  ahead more slowly now. So perhaps this is exactly where we need to be just poking out of our shell and really taking time before we have to make the bigger decisions.
I am in the process of changing my website, shifting my practice focus, providing support  for my 94 year uncle,  and becoming a grandmother . It is  an interesting and exciting  time. I wish I could say that I have a great book for you to read that is helpful during this transition time. I don't. I usually takes bits and pieces from different books and put them together. The one idea that  I can offer is from a book called The Healing by Jonathan O'Dell. It is the story of the deep south before the civil war. It is told from the point of view of the slave and although, it is written by a white male , it is being praised for having an authentic voice for that time in history. It is the story of two slaves, one older and one younger, and they are both powerful  healers. At various times,  the older woman calms the girl's distress by saying don't get caught up in the turbulence, just  pay attention to the river.  I believe that is great advice for all of us right now......



No comments: