Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Why we can't sleep well?

 



dragonflies at night
 Because, we are afraid to acknowledge our dark side.  The dark side means the part of us that we refuse to look at or talk about.  It is different for everyone.  For some, it is our anger, our vulnerability, our regrets, or our fears.  It could be anything really.  We just like to pretend that everything  is light and good.  By pretending, we actually miss out on the greatest opportunities for healing.
Usually, the dark side comes in at night because we are in a more receptive mode .   It comes in through our dreams, our nightmares or at times when we just cannot sleep at all.  This unexpressed side of us will continue to talk to us until we listen.  In fact, if we don't listen, it simply gets louder and louder.  So pay attention when you are not able to sleep, your subconscious mind is communicating with you. Take the time to write things down and then look at your writings during the day. We are usually able to have a clearer sense of things in the daylight.  Seize the night....

3 comments:

Nancy M said...

Thank you for such a timely post--I've had such difficulty sleeping the last couple of nights. I do get the sense that I am somehow working things out during this time and sometimes there is clarity on a sleepless night that I do not access during the day. I am going to write during these times as you suggest in your entry--it seems a much gentler way to integrate the dark with the light rather than tossing & turning. I also think that the coming Blue Moon on August 31st is pretty powerful and its a great opportunity to use this energy to magnify healing. Thanks Audrey!

Nancy M said...

...and I absolutely LOVE the "Dragonflies at Night". Your artwork is beautiful and this piece perfectly captures the essence of a sleepless night!

Love Makes a Family, LLC said...

thank you Nancy. I wish that I could say that I painted it on a sleepless night....