Search This Blog

Sunday, September 4, 2011

hummingbirds

hummingbird dining
I have a fairy garden outside of my office window.It is probably 10 feet by 8 feet and filled with lots of herbs and flowering plants.   I speciificaly chose plants that would attract butterflies and dragonflies to the area. I was so surprised when I began noticing humming birds. They seem to like the echinacea and the bee balm that is growing well .
As I have said in previous blogs, I believe that when animals cross our paths they have specific messages to teach us. 

There are a number of different reference books that I use including  "Medicine Cards" by Sams and Carson. They suggest that the hummingbird helps us to open our hearts and to live in  the present.
In "Animal Speak" by Ted Andrews , he says that hummingbirds can help us to heal by using flower essences and savoring the sweetness of life.
http://www.hummingbirdworld.com/h/totem.htm


So the next time that you see a hummingbird ,which will hopefully be very soon, remember the sweetness that the hummingbird seeks and seek  your own sweetness at that moment.












No comments: