Search This Blog

Sunday, July 3, 2011

a thousand irritations

It's about time you realized this!
It is a beautiful summer day in New Jersey. The humidity is still low enough to be comfortable in the 80"s. I was sitting outside in partial  sun and meditating  in my back yard.  As it is when I meditate, there are a thousand irritations. Of course, I am more keenly aware because I am not supposed to be aware of them. I am just getting settled and a fly settles on me. Then I am aware of what a very wise fly communicated to us in the book titled Animal Voices: Telepathic Communication in the Web of Life .
An animal communicator named Morgine Jurdan heard   "When you see me, you often feel repulsed and your first reaction is to kill me. I have not hurt you. I do not even sting and yet you desire to eliminate me from your presence. ....There is so much more here than meets the eye. You often do not look below the surface  to find the buried treasure that might lie hidden." I think about flies differently after this message. In fact I think about the world very differently. If flies are so wise and intelligent, that means that there is so much untapped wisdom all around. What must the butterflies, the trees, the grass,  and the ants be saying to us. No wonder, I get really distracted when I sit outside and try to meditate. I will try again tomorrow.

No comments: