Search This Blog

Monday, December 11, 2017

Children are the masters and we are the students........

How do we know what we know and why won't we let kids know what they know?
sea creatures 

Do you know that feeling when you are talking to someone and a word or a phrase pops into your head in repsonse to what you are hearing?
Do you know that you know something is true before someone even says something.
Do you know that you love certain colors, smells, tastes just because you do and not because someone tells you that they are good for you?
Do you know the words that kids say  that make you sit up and listen ?


We were born knowing so much  and yet we have let others talk us out of our knowing.
Everytime we hear a news story, we recalibrate yet again what we should be feeling or eating or knowing.  When do we stop letting others take away pieces of our knowing and simply speak for ourselves?
Our kids and grandchildren are always teaching us how to do this. We label them as cute and dismiss them. However, they are the masters at clear speaking  and we are the students.

Children  are amazing in their clear perceptions of the worlds. They simply say what they know and do not couch it in niceness. As I am watching them, I am learning a few things. ...

I am noticing that if I identify what I feel and  say it aloud , then I can center or move into neutral.
For example I notice that the wild  fires are devastating Southern California
And  I feel really sad, mad, bad, etc .
 And I  want to help by donating, sending love, imagining rain etc.
The response simply needs to be authentic to be heard and helpful.

Then I can take a breath and come back to me
What is not helpful is to get stuck in everyone else's  pain and drama. It aids to the fiery event  instead of calming it.

What can you learn from  your little ones today:))?



No comments: