Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

One Step At A Time

Wood Stork
I have been living in Sarasota for about a month and  my life has changed. This is an understatement for how I truly feel. It has changed so much that I feel disoriented. The people, the air, nature, the water, the roads, the sky.... Everything has shifted.
It is like walking in my shoes and my shoes  fit differently. It is the moment when you change from closed toe shoes to sandals for the summer except I can wear sandals all of the year. I can feel the freedom of re-creation in my very core. At times, I am totally up to the challenge and at other times, I want to hide my head in the sand.

During the  night, I woke up to the lyrics of One Step at a Time by Jordin Sparks.
"One Step at a time,
there is no need to rush,
It's like learning to Fly
or falling in love"
It was so helpful to hear it and realize that is indeed what I need to do. I don't need to  figure out the rest of my life today and I can wake up to this
blustery day in Sarasota and sit and write these words. And then I can look forward to the next step....

No comments: