Search This Blog

Saturday, March 31, 2018

Ferocity and Online dating

ferocity
I feel as though everything that I do has passion, intention and great ferocity behind it. It is exhausting some days and no one else really knows the internal workings of anyone else.
I do know that the days of telling people what they should feel like or do have diminished.

Isn't it time that we recognize that we all have our own healer or wise person inside of us.


Recently, I joined Match.com and I have  been focusing  my ferocity upon this interesting dating ritual.  Understandably, I am a psychotherapist and have been asking questions about humans for a very long time. And I have not dated for 34 years.

I started  filling out a rather short profile of current likes and dislikes. Interestingly, there were no questions about my past. If you like they can be slipped  in under current interests. And  there is one question  about employment or profession and that is answered by a pull down menu choice. So if you are not part of the pull down menu, than you are an other.  Interesting how a life time of passion/work work is subsumed by the answer other........



What have I learned so far....
Tell the truth in your profile and create your own box of wishes.
Pay attention to what people say and what they do.
Observe what people are like in the first five minutes after meeting them. There is a weath of important information.
Offer what you have and do not focus on what you can get from others
Pay attention to your own body language when you are out on a date.
For example, I get strong headaches which is my sign that there may be incompatibility.
When you have a gut feeling, listen to it.
The disclaimer is that I have had two dates and one no show. As I said in the beginning, I am fercious in my  passion to live what ever I am doing. I am sure there will be updates to these observations:)
 I do know that if you have a no show on the first date, things will probably not work out....


No comments: